Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 3, 2009

    Disenchanted Rants.

    A frustrating week this has been lately. Apparently, it was only fun while it lasted. I've been stuck in my room for hours on end, doing nothing. And all I could do is really nothing for now. Oh, and the fact that sad songs keep popping up on my Mp3 player lately is NOT helping. Gah! Oh, also I've gave up trying to write about my trip to Perth. I'll do it some other day when this awkward mood swings kicks out of my fukken head.

    The week started off more or less enthusiastically well. It was nice to see and spend time with my beloved cousins again. It's been ages since I've actually sat down and had fun with them. Hari Raya seemed very brief. Probably due to the fact I had my god damned O levels, making me not able to actually hang out with them more. So with that disgusting excuse of an examination out of the way, CNY was the perfect time for a gathering and an outing at the beach. Good day, fun games, and a splendid time.





    On an unrelated note, I've been able to spend more time with my long-time good friend Ananda on the battlefields. The Gaming battlefields that is. I found a new found-love ... game. Besides TF2, I've come to realised that Left 4 Dead is a much more intense game.



    Basically, the whole game is about shooting Zombies, and surviving. That's it. And it's simplicity makes it so fun and epic. Hordes of mindless savages would come running to you end over end, and you have to fight them off with basic weapons and fire. There's no big catch. All you have to do, is get from Point A to Point B, survive and fight off those mindless freaks and other special creatures with 3 other guys.

    I had an awesome time playing the game with Ananda and his friend Russel. I got so immersed into the game to the point that when a special enemy comes up to threaten our team, I would be the one shouting at the top of my lungs to warn my teammates in the LAN shop! It was so friggin' sweet. We were all having so much fun communicating and trying to help each other out during the big fights. It's a real fun game when you're playing with good friends. Communication is key, and basically half the fun. I got it for the Xbox and I'm enjoying it eversince. Now whenever I enter a large crowd, I would be tempted to try shoving the 'horde' off. Heh.

    With the enjoyable part of the week done and over with, the bane of the week has yet to rear it's ugly head to me.

    Imagine not being able to sleep for a whole night, because a certain someone you care for is currently too busy with work, and an evil flying insect biting you all over causing a massive itch all over your body. Only to end the night and start the day off with a text mesage from the Ministry of Education indicating that you've been posted a school that you HAD NEVER EVER IN YOUR LIFETIME EXPECTED TO GO. Yes I'm talking about the JAE postings, and apparently, I've been posted into Nanyang Poly. Of all places? Seriously? You're joking ... right? No? Well dammit! Both my choices of Ngee Ann and S'Pore Poly were rejected and I have no choice but to oblige to the only Media-related course in NYP - Media Studies & Management.

    Guuuh, imagine my surprise expecting a good spot for the course I had aimed for ever so long, only to have my dreams shattered and hopes dashed and ruin by a simple message. It really broke my heart. I had high expectations for myself, and I felt as though I've let myself down. I know others have gotten it even worst, but like I said, growing up in a family where the Best is everything, and anything lower would get my head shot, I had really high expectations for myself.

    After long lectures from my mum, and reading up more on the course. I've come to acknowledge the positive side of having the course. I'll bite. But somewhere in my mind lingers a fear that this doesn't feel like the media course that I have been aiming for or for my at all. I just hope that fear will not be founded. Also, I'll be in the same school with my good friends Yanti, FY and Leonard. We'll probably be seperated once term begins, but knowing I can see them again easily isn't so bad.

    Oh, also I got a fucking haircut.

    Guuh, I was at the point of really enjoying weaving my hair every morning and flipping my fringe around. The picture doesn't says much than it looking good, 'coz I had to comb it rightly and somehow got a correct angle on the photo shoot. But if you were to see me on the streets now, I would feel violated. Haircuts suck. If it weren't for my parents constant nagging, I would rather have my hair dangling loose on the floor right now... heh. Okay find, having long hair is a mess, but personally I fee that I look awkward with short hair! Secondary school shown me enough of that, and I want a change that would define how I look when I enter polytechnic. And the hair I have now, is pretty bad.

    I've lost count on the days I've spent being away from her. It's been too long and it hurts at times. She's been busy with work lately, and I'm waiting patiently. But sometimes it saddens me and and hurts when she spends time with other people, but I can't spend time with her yet. I have nothing against her spending time with her friends. Nothing, and I mean it. I support her to have fun with her good friends, I want her to have fun with her good friends. Jealousy is not an issue her, I just miss her alot that's all. That's all. As always, I'm waiting. I don't want to sound emo, 'because this world has enough of sad people blogging about their sad lives already. I'm just ranting here to get things off my chest. I have to vent my anger in some form or another. I guess....

    Oh, also, I'm putting down my music player. I've found mine to be more distracting than entertaining.
    -----

    It's not always Rainbows & Butterflies; It's comprimise that moves us along...

    No comments: