Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, December 31, 2009

    Here it goes again

    Let me get this out before I begin -

    Happy New Year!

    Bitch.

    So what can I say? It's been a nice year. 2009 was like the beginning of a new chapter in my life. No wait. It's an entirely different story of my life. And 2009 was only the first act of the story. Act Two is about to begin in 2010. Let's see how this goes, eh? For better or worst... Bring it.

    So what have I done during this first act? Plenty. This year changed me a lot. In more ways than I every I could have imagined back in 2008. My attitude, behavior, style, habits, talking manner, and health has entirely changed from what I used to be a year ago.

    First off now, my social circle has increased two fold.





    Poly life exposed me to different kinds of new people. People I could relate with. People I could fool around with easily.

    Before poly, I was more or less your typical average loser. Yes, you can see that from my older photos. I didn't talk much or do much and I'd keep to myself more or less. I still do that from time to time. But watching others around me, I've managed to pick up a few styles for my own and I've built my own personality. How did I put it to the test? Entering poly. And I dare say, I feel like a better person than before.

    It's fun to meet new people. Not saying I would diss my old friends, they're still cool. Just that the new people I've met are much awesomer. It just made my whole poly experience a lot more enjoyable.




    So speaking of poly, I think I've said enough just how awesome Media Studies is. Tiring, dreadful, and not forgetting stressful. But hell yeah, I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe I was fated to enter NYP's Media Studies all along, and not Ngee Ann's Mass Comm. It was all part of the plan of a higher power above. I'm blessed and thankful for this. What's more I'm in the correct class, hanging out with the right people. I'll never be a social outcast ever again. Huzzah!

    Oh, and I've lost weight.

    Well, you see. All this time, I've been the center of every fat joke. I took this as way of motivating myself. One day, I just decided to fuck it all, and just shed those pounds. I've been running, gym-ing, playing sports, and doing every active thing I could think of for the past 4 months. So far, I've lost 10kg.



    Before


    After

    See how I've changed? I like it. I don't mean to brag, but I just have to. I want to be proud of my accomplishment, and I'm still working on it. Hard work pays off, it's true ... I guess.

    With that said, I'm not exactly looking forward to 2010. I more or less can figure out where I'm going and what might happen. But hey, in this world we live in. ANYTHING can happen. Nothing is impossible anymore. You'd never know.

    Till then. Cheers.

    No comments: