Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 19, 2009

    Vidja Gaemz Laiv

    Guess what, I went to Video Games Live concert!

    Thanks to my good friend Ananda who invited me along. Thanks a lot man, YOU ROCK!

    And I must say, it was AWESOME!!






    The screen was showing "All Your Base Are Belong To Us" .. LOL


    The host and some models.. damn lighting


    Oh and I bought a shirt too (cost me a friggin $35)


    Basically it's a concert where some symphonic band plays all the music from Video Games soundtrack. Yup, games are not longer just about, well, the game. Even music now plays a big role in it. So okay I admit, I didn't exactly enjoy it totally. There were some games I've never even played before. Heard of, yes, but never touched before. So I didn't exactly know what I was listening to. Still, the performance was spot on, and the the crowd interaction was great. We got like, front row seats. Well not exactly front row, but we were damn close to the stage and we could see everything clearly. I didn't yawn at all. Now, if only they played the theme from Team Fortress 2. I would have jizzed in my Pants.

    They played songs ranging from Metal Gear Solid to Super Mario Bros. to World of Warcraft to Castlevania and not forgetting - Halo.

    Halo was the highlight for me, even though they didn't really emphasized on it so much. Oh well. Still, for some reason, some lame skinny-assed Master Chief cosplayer had to go prancing around. Lame. Lol.

    As for refreshments, I totally got ripped off at the food stand. Like seriously, $6 for 2 cans of Iced Lemon Tea? $8 for a shitty Egg Sandwich that I could have made a bajillion times better with my eyes closed. What the fuck man. They know we need to buy food during these concerts, so they exploited this fact and purposely raised the prices sky high like nobody's business. Screw them, those Money-whoring sons of bitches.

    Also, for some reason, they allowed my camera in. At first I was nervous that they were gooing to take it away (like during the MCR concert I went to, they confiscated my camera away from me), so I tried hiding it deep inside my bag, underneath my hoodie. I tried to not let the guards see as they were checking my bag, but nonetheless, they stripped it empty and found the video camera. To my surprise, they let me off with it. Haha. When I got into the hall, everyone had their cameras. It's weird, I thought big concerts like this would not allow the use of cameras. If I knew I could bring my in my video camera, I would have brought along my tripod. Seriously, holding a camera and recording the performance while trying to watch it myself can get really tiring after awhile.

    Still, I managed to record a few performances. I only recorded the prominent ones, and songs that I actually know of.

    I'll upload them and post them on another day.



    In teh m3an tiem, I'mma go pley sum h3 fr abit kthxbai



    AWESOME

    No comments: