Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 18, 2009

    Damn Bus Rides

    I have a thing here. Apparently, I'm sick. No, I know I've said before, but not Sick as in Sick-Sick, I mean mind-sick, but not Effing-Sick or mental-sick just mind-sick. Get it? No? Well nevermind.

    I'm sick. I keep taking bus rides. Why.
    I mean, the train is much faster and all, but I still gravitate toward the old long four-wheeler.
    And whats more is that, for short journeys, I take the train. But for journeys that would take forever to get to, I take the bloody Bus instead. What. Don't look at me like that.

    I know it's stupid, but I have my reasons. I think. First of all, I'm currently in the midst of waiting to enter Polytechnic, so till then I'm not paying students fair anymore, I'm paying the full fucking price! D:

    I swear, I could drain a whole $10 in less than a week. This one time, Khai and I went to Chua Chu Kang just for a 20mins trip there, and when we returned to Sengkang, my Ez-link card was drained to half it's amount. In less than a day. I just topped up to $10 earlier that day. So from then on, I started taking bus rides, they seem.. cheaper? Maybe. Or I use my legs and fukken walk. Hah!

    But seriously, for the past month or so I've been taking bus rides to immense destinations. Ever taken a Bus from Jurong all the way back to Hougang? No? Well, I HAVE. And I don't know whether to be proud or not. That trip was torture at best. What I thought would be an hours ride or so, became a nightmare. Little did I know that the bus would at first go South of Singapore, then across Central Singapore and to the Eastern side of the country, only to retreat back to the North and nicely stop at Hougang interchange. It was an endurance test. My pants were chaffing, my nose were leaking, my mind was sinking, and my body was shivering. I ride lasted a mere 2 and a half hours. The moment I stepped off the bus, I gasped in the fresh air I had longed for throughout the ride and relish the feel of normal humid warm air again. My legs were still shaking from the sudden awakening. I had been dipping in and out of sleep. The only keeping me together was my mp3 player.

    Looking at the list of bus stops the bus makes at an interchange could be deceiving. It's easy to see and count how many stops there would be inbetween your destination and the interchange. But living it is a total different thing. So don't think that maybe your stop is only somewhere on the second column of the list, and the trip would be short lived. Don't ever underestimate that. The feeling of disappointement is not worth it. Gah!

    Okay to be honest, I don't really hate the bus. It's nice to ride and to relax. The train is claustrophobic enough and the probability of you finding a seat would depend. I fancy not the crowds that pack the only areas that you would ever feel comfortable standing at. Or the ones who would stare at you endlessly just because you're alone, look different, or currently playing a handheld game console that does not resemble a Playstation Portable.

    I love bus rides. And that is why I'm sick. Most people would just go for the easy option of the train. Ignoring the crowd or extra fare just for the sake of getting to their destination quickly. But for me, my first option will always be to look for a bus that crosses path with my destination. Besides, I get to save a few cents and view places in Singapore I never knew existed or would never in my life step foot upon. Though I'll have to brace for the journey, I'll have to endure it one way or another.

    -----------
    The only reason why I wrote this was to prevent the "boredom army" from taking over my mind.

    Also I needed to write something again, and I like writing.

    So read it, or not. I don't give a F*ck D:

    Also, it's for me to get out of mein Emo-mood. It's time I move on and look on the brrriiiiiighhhttt siiiiddeee off liiiffeeee .... maybe

    No comments: