Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, September 19, 2009

    Gay-lung, Slowing the Fast, and ODST.

    The grueling heat, the faceless crowds, the howls of sellers echoing through claustrophobic tents, the blurry smokescreen, the intense stench of sweat, cigarettes and cooked food, and not forgetting the disturbingly endless line of shops that sandwich a heavily trafficked road.

    That's how I'll describe the annual Hari Raya bazaars at Geylang Serai. I hate stepping foot onto that place, especially during day time when we're fasting. It's a struggle to get from point A to B, and shopping is awkward (especially for clothes) with a million eyes watching you. I never been one for large crowds, except for concerts. I can't stand it. It's hard to breathe, let alone move. So whenever my parents offer a trip to Geylang Serai during this "festive" month, I lament. Fortunately, this year I only step foot on that dreaded place once. An improvement from previous years. Even still, I made sure we wouldn't stay too long inside. Gah.



    Enough about that, Ramadhan is officially over. As of 8 hours ago (as I am writing this, it's almost 3am, yeah). Awesome!

    Tomorrow (or should I say today), is Hari Raya. But frankly, I'm not really in the festive mood to fully celebrate Hari Raya all-out this year. Why? Don't know. Maybe I've been in school too long and not enough break to get me in the mood. Oh wells. Let's just get it over with, I want my break anyways.

    So what have I been doing since Production was over? Gaminggggggg. Call me a nerd, geek, techie, whatever. I've been missing out on my gaming ever since school started. TF2 doesn't count. Finally got Batman Arkham Asylum, but the game refuses to let me play it properly. It keeps crashing all the time. Damn you Joker!

    And speaking of which, I stumbled upon a Gaming Convention at Suntect City. GCA. Don't really know what it stands for, but whatever.


    rawr

    Point is, they showcased the latest games right now. Even Halo 3 ODST. Damn right, the most anticipated game this season.


    They had a real Recon Armor on display! D:

    I was awed by it. Unfortunately, all I could do was watch from the sidelines. There was a Demo booth for the game. But, it was hogged by 14 year old kids and their friends.


    Little pricks.

    Damn them. I stood there and asked politely if I could have a try. But no, they hogged the consoles as if it was theirs. You little pricks, it's a public demo, not your friggin' home. Let others try out. Go back home you fucktards. Seriously felt like punching them in the face. They stood there playing forever, ordering their friends around. I couldn't take it. After half an hour of endless waiting, I left the booth.

    Instead I played Rock Band Beatles.



    Woo, Beatles. Me and Khai tried it out. Him on Bass, me on Drums, and some dude on guitar. It was friggin' fun, though I nearly had carpal tunnel from playing the drums. Khai was having slight of a problem getting into the rhythm, but the dude who played guitar showed off his button mashing skills on expert, and I think he didn't miss a note. Wow.

    So anyways, I better get ready for tomorrow. It'll be a long day. The only thing I'm looking forward to is meeting my cousins again. Other than that, meh. We'll see.


    1 comment:

    AK said...

    o hai.

    The booth you took peekchers with. I worked there. While you weren't around lololol. I was either hanging out with my cosplayer friends, playing Rock Band Beatles, or playing halo 3:ODST.