Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, September 29, 2009

    I haz wood. lawl.

    Wanna see my wood?
    It's hard.
    And I just played with it.
    It's fun!



    Lawl, innuendos aside, I meant drum stick. Aha. It is made of wood, and .. it's hard. (Hurr...) I got it randomly from Bras Basah, and with the suggestion of Andrea because well 1) I needed drum sticks for jamming, and 2) the one she took out looked cool.

    I never really had a chance to utilize it though. For 2 months it just stayed in my room. From time to time, I'd pick it up and do air drums just to get the feel of it and practice my sense of rhythm. But what's the point of that? Instead, I began trying to bang on some random stuff. That only made my mum mad. What, I can't even practice drums now? Okay fine, I was banging those stuff at 2am in the morning. Point taken.

    It was an awesome looking pair of drum sticks! It was black with hot pink gradient at the top. Okay, I know that sounds totally gay, but when you look at it, it does look cool! Fo' shizzle.

    But yesterday I went jamming, and finally got it to use. After the first few songs, I was shocked to find out that that my drum sticks have officially been ... ravaged. By the end of the session, this is what's left.


    Nice wood, eh?

    Lol, I never thought it would ever end up like this. I'm never buying coloured drum sticks ever again. But Luqman, you over caring newbie of a musician, they're just cheap drum sticks, and making it all damaged like that is good, like battle scars proving that you've been practicing a lot!

    Well, for you experienced drummers, you know this a normal thing. But I'm still an amateur, so cut me some slack for being sentimental on my first pair of sticks. I'm sure you felt the same thing for your first pair of sticks.

    It still works fine, but it doesn't look cool to bring it on stage and play with it anymore. Sadface.


    Oh, Word of advice. Never start something you know you probably wouldn't stop. That is all. Remember when I said I quit? Apparently I suck. Now I feel bad for doing so. You probably know what I mean. Puff.

    No comments: