Tweets

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, May 1, 2010

    This is my gift; and my curse... I'm Spid- .. Luqman.

    You know. Come to think of it, my life right now feels like the events from the Spiderman movie trilogy. And I'm Peter Parker.

    No, I didn't get bitten by a radioactive spider (at least I think I didn't).

    No, I don't shoot web out of my wrists nor do I swing from building to building.

    And no, I can't climb walls (actually I can, but not as often as I used to anymore).

    Just that specific themes of the events that happened from Spiderman 1 to 3 somehow to relates to what I've been doing and going through. Let's analyse, shall we?

    ----

    With great power comes great DVD deals

    So okay, let's begin with Spiderman 1.

    In Spiderman 1, Peter Parker is introduced as the nerdy loser kid who's just leading and average life. There's nothing special about him, he wears specs and has only one friend.

    That was me. More or less. I came to Poly like everyone else, no credit to my name, and was the average guy who wasn't a joker/jock/cool dude/etc.. I was another cog in the education machine. I had my crushes whom I almost never talked to and had more than enough selengeh-ism (loser-like day-to-day fails) in everything I do.

    So okay, soon Peter gets bitten by a Spider, and one morning he wakes up with a changed body.

    I was a fat kid, and one day I realised ... wow, I, lost weight?

    So yeah, you get the point. I'll keep the self-praising to a minimum.

    Mmmmm, yeah. Nothing much else that relates from Spiderman 1. I didn't fought any green goblins. Oh wait, I'll consider my schoolwork as an epic battle. All those late night struggles that almost brought me down. They count for something, right?


    Taste my Presentational fury Pang! ... oh wait

    So yeah, all was well. I've fully moved into a new lifestyle. Poly changed me for the better and all was well, for awhile. Just like how Peter feels when he's completely into being Spiderman and finally everything ends well for him.

    At least that's what we thought.

    So okay, this is where the fun begins. Spiderman 2.

    This is when Parker becomes a depressed Spider and the whole world is against him. He's fighting to survive on a daily basis, having trouble expressing himself to the one he loves, and at some point just doesn't want to be Spiderman anymore.

    This was when I got suddenly depressed at some point in my life. If you read my previous blog post ... well let's say that story has a part in it. I just felt like I everything was fucked up and I was just waking up. Survive the day. Go back to bed. Life was mundane and I hated it.

    Me: 0, Big Bad World: 1 ... Nuff said.

    But eventually, after much inner struggling (also some references from my previous blog post), everything suddenly cleared. A heavy burden got lifted off my shoulders and all I could do was sit there and think "Wow, is this for real?".

    Just like how Spiderman 2 ends. Mary-Jane finds out who Peter really is, and all Peter could do is sit on his bed and look out his window and think, if everything really is going to change.


    Now we move on to the finale, Spiderman 3.
    This is where I am currently at.

    Peter is happy. Everything is for him now. He's got the girl, the fans, and the fame. Everything's going great.

    That's what I'm feeling right now. It's like, my life took a turn and now every since the first day of the first week of school started, everything feels so fine. So far so good.

    Peter lets it get to his head, and is too into himself. His girl, Mary-Jane, isn't exactly having a time of her life, and has problems of her own, but Peter is too distracted to see this. Now this sounds familiar, although I won't go into it because I'm not in the position of explaining. But, you get the idea. However, unlike Parker, I am aware of Mary-Jane's problems, and despite my better efforts, I want to help solve it.

    So yeah, basically where I am at now is, well. I'm an overly-happy douche ... with emo hair.


    It's not hard to imagine my face there.

    That sort of wraps it up. Sort of. The movie is still playing for me, so I'm just gonna see how it rolls. Spider-man 3 isn't exactly the best movie out there, so I'm guessing the fact that I'm comparing my life with it goes to show how much of a fail and douchebag I am. But. Meh. I digress.

    No comments: